Who are we?
We are Juakali, a technology startup providing a platform for the microfinance lending market. Juakali empowers Financial Institutions with seamless, flexible and powerful tools designed to boost their productivity. 100% bank-grade, best-of-breed technology. We are a cloud-native company, running our micro-services on Kubernetes and our support platforms managed. We focus on development, design and functionality.
Although we are a small startup, we are already global, our people work from all around the world. Our teams are remote, working from wherever they are. It gives our people freedom; we only ask them to be responsible.
You can work from anywhere you like as well as long as you have an internet connection, our office is located in Slack.
We are expecting a candidate to join ASAP.
Experience - Minimum 3 years
What role will you play?
We are looking for proficient React Native developers. Your primary focus will be on developing the Mobile App version of our platform. You will ensure our application is robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure and therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality is important.
Your responsibilities include –
· Developing new features.
· Building reusable components and libraries for future use.
· Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of mobile-capable devices and browsers.
· Introducing new tools and libraries that will help the team in efficiency and quality.
What are we looking for?
· 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience and good knowledge of React Native / Android Studio / Git
· Experience working with different subsystems of the mobile device like camera, GPS, connectivity, Bluetooth…
· Ability to write React Native unit test cases
· Familiarity with ESLint, Redux knowledge, Rxjs is a plus
· Experience with VSCode / Firebase / Bitbucket / Sentry is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Experience with responsive design systems such as Material Design
· Familiarity with scrum flow and Jira will be advantageous to have.
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Fast learning environment within a team of cheerful, passionate, talented and international people.
You will find it easy to keep a good work life balance.
You will be closely working with industry experts to have a positive impact on the business of our customers.
Opportunity to drive transformation in one of the fastest growing industries. Local contract including pension fund and health insurance for you and your family.
You can learn more about us @
Website – www.juakali.io
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/juakali-io/